The strategies of securing computers, networks, programmes, and data from unwanted access or attacks aiming at exploitation are known as cyber security. The method is used by both individuals and organisations to prevent unauthorised access to data centres and other digital systems.
A solid cybersecurity strategy can help protect an organisation or individual against hostile assaults aimed at obtaining access to, modifying, deleting, destroying, or extorting crucial data from their systems. Cybersecurity is also vital for repelling assaults that attempt to disable or impair a system or device’s operation.
The Umbrella of Cybersecurity
- Network Security – Network security is the process of protecting a computer network from attackers, whether they are targeted attackers or opportunistic malware.
- Web Security – Web security is concerned with the protection of data transmitted through the internet, network, or web, or while being transmitted to the internet. For example, if you’re sending data between a client and a server and need to protect it, your data security is your online security.
- Mobile Security – The term “mobile security” refers to the absence of danger or risk of asset or data loss when using mobile computers and communication hardware.
- Embedded Systems Security – The field of embedded systems security is concerned with preventing malicious access to and usage of embedded systems. Security protocols for embedded systems protect a system from all sorts of harmful behaviour.
- Artificial Intelligence Security – Artificial intelligence (AI) security refers to systems and strategies that use AI to autonomously identify and/or respond to possible cyber threats based on similar or prior activities.
- Internet of Things (IoT) Security – IoT security is the process of safeguarding Internet devices and the networks to which they’re linked from threats and breaches by recognising, safeguarding, and monitoring risks, as well as supporting in the repair of security flaws from a variety of devices that can pose a security risk to your company.
- Application Security – Application security is concerned with safeguarding the safety of software and devices. A hacked application could expose the data it was designed to protect.